Logging in memsql

Hi Team,

Kindly let me know if below changes are logged in memsql. In which log file are they logged? And what configuration is required?

1. Logging of memsql start and stop.
  2. memsql session creation , session termination.
  3. Logging memsql authentication/authorization changes.
  4. Is there any rate limit for logging? When a flood of parallel requests land at memsql.
  5. Log changes to logging config, including enable, disable logging, change in log levels. severity/priority.
  6. Is there any encryption of logs or any config to ensure logs can be transmitted over secured encrypted channel?

I tried setting auditlog_level as ADMIN-ONLY and ALL-RESULTS but I dont see above getting logged in auditlogs folder. Am looking at logging above changes in memsql. Kindly help me in the required config.

Thanks,
Prasanna

General info/warning/error/failure logging is described here:

See INFORMATION_SCHEMA.MV_EVENTS for start/stop/rebalance and similar events.

Security-related audit logging in the MemSQL Advanced Security Option is an extra licensing option. Talk to our sales team regarding purchasing and using it. It’s described here:

Thanks for the response Hanson.

What is the suggested auditlog_level considering the logs for the 6 requirements that I mentioned? I see below 10 audit logging levels in the documentation.

• Log only valid statements and queries:
    • ADMIN-ONLY
    • WRITES-ONLY
    • ALL-QUERIES
    • ALL-QUERIES-PLAINTEXT
    • ALL-RESULTS
  • Log valid and invalid statements and queries:
    • ADMIN-ONLY-INCLUDING-PARSE-FAILS
    • WRITES-ONLY-INCLUDING-PARSE-FAILS
    • ALL-QUERIES-INCLUDING-PARSE-FAILS
    • ALL-QUERIES-PLAINTEXT-INCLUDING-PARSE-FAILS
    • ALL-RESULTS-INCLUDING-PARSE-FAILS

And which all requirements are logged in audit logs among the ones that I mentioned, and which gets logged in the trace logs? Kindly provide this information.

I checked the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.MV_EVENTS and see that only the latest node start event is captured. I neither see node stop related event nor all the start up events that happened.

Gentle Reminder!!!

Hi Hanson,
Can you kindly respond to my query?

Thanks,
Prasanna

Kindly respond at the earliest as its blocking us.

Thanks,
Prasanna