Introducing MemSQL 6.5: The World’s Fastest Database Just Got Faster
Now businesses can unlock the potential of their data with improved performance, effortless scaling, and new ingest and analysis features
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - July 24, 2018 - MemSQL, the no-limits databaseTM for modern applications and analytical systems, today made generally available a significant new version of its product. MemSQL 6.5 cements the company’s position as the world’s fastest SQL database by advancing performance and adding capabilities to accelerate time to insight and simplify operations. With MemSQL, customers get a single database that can easily support real-time decision making and insight-driven customer experiences combining massively-scalable ingest, the ability to scan billions of rows per second across thousands of users, and a familiar relational structure for user- and developer-friendly access.
Introducing MemSQL 6.5: The World’s Fastest Database Just Got Faster - Click to Tweet
The world’s leading companies are more competitive because they use data better than their peers and competitors. But to extract value from data it must be collected, analyzed, and accurately acted upon. MemSQL 6.5 delivers an integrated database for data capture, management, and operations that integrates seamlessly with existing systems, infrastructure, and employee skills. This allows customers to get faster time to value and reduces cost and complexity.
“To extract optimal insights from data, modern applications will require an integrated database that handles both transactions and analytics,” said Matt Aslett, Research Director, 451 Research. “As data growth and usage increases, so does the need for a more scalable database architecture. These new capabilities haven’t been possible with legacy databases.”
Delivering Latency-Free and Predictable Performance with MemSQL 6.5
Customers demand modern applications and analytical systems that offer a flawless user experience, provide consistently fast insights, and easily scale with demand. This creates new requirements to both modernize legacy systems and introduce new ways of managing data. MemSQL was designed with these demands in mind and the 6.5 release expands on its capabilities with several new features and improvements:
- Queries are now up to four times faster than the previous MemSQL version (which was already 10x faster than legacy database providers), enabling insights in milliseconds across billions of rows.
- New automated workload optimization capabilities provide a consistent database response under ultra-high concurrency without the need for manual tuning or specialized DBA resources.
- Additions to the MemSQL industry-leading “transform-as-you-ingest” capabilities allow customers to use stored procedures for in-database transformations to easily build real-time data pipelines.
- Resource optimization improvements for multi-tenant deployments deliver greater control and scalability for varied database sizes whether on-premises or in the cloud.
“Legacy databases aren’t capable of providing the scale, speed, and efficiency that NewSQL databases can,” said Nikita Shamgunov, CEO and Co-founder of MemSQL. “With MemSQL 6.5, companies are getting a database that allows them to do more with the data that drives their business. All with familiar tools, faster than before, and at a fraction of the cost.”
Additional features released with MemSQL 6.5 include:
- Full-text search - MemSQL has full-text search built in, which eliminates the need for a separate specialized data store and allows developers to simplify architecture and improve overall performance.
- Data pipeline support for Hadoop - Now MemSQL allows developers to continuously ingest from Hadoop into a structured relational format to deliver faster analytics using the familiarity of ANSI SQL.
Learn How MemSQL 6.5 Can Help Your Business Today
MemSQL envisions a world of adaptable databases and flexible data workloads - your data anywhere in real time. Today, global enterprises use MemSQL as an intelligent database to cost-effectively ingest data and produce industry-leading time to insight. MemSQL works on any cloud, on-premises, or as a service. Visit memsql.com or follow us @memsql.
Director of Communications