Tracelog is not capturing all queries

Hi all,

I am trying to get the DDLs from queries, I have enabled in our cluster as you c
an see below, but I am not able to from query.log or memsql.log. I wasn’t understand, because the queries from memSQL client, mariaDB client and MySQL Workbench, I was able to get. The interesting part is, from MemSQL Studio - Resource Usage I was able to get.

This workload come from API calls.

memsql-admin update-config --all --set-global --key “general_log” --value “ON”

Regards,
Tiago Moraes

You have to restart the nodes before the variable change takes effect. e.g.

memsql-admin restart-node --all

Then it should work. Make sure to look in the right directory for query.log file. You can find it in the tracelogsdir folder, which you can find the name of like this:

memsql> show variables like 'tracelogsdir';
+---------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Variable_name | Value                                                          |
+---------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| tracelogsdir  | /var/lib/memsql/85b56293-6c8d-48e2-b844-6568fc2a114c/tracelogs |

Hi Hanson,

I have restarted with no luck. Anyway, I have raised a service request with MemSQL. Let’s see what will come from this.

Regards,
Tiago Moraes