Query to show blocking information

memsql

Hi ,

How can we check who is blocking who through memsql query?

Thanks,
Asrar

Hi Asrar

I am not quite sure I understand your question – what do you mean by who is blocking who?

Thanks!

Hi Jacky,

Just need the information related to query blocking.

Which query is getting blocked currently in the concurrent queries,
Which query is the culprit to cause blocking ,

Thanks!

Asrar

To see the state of queries (i.e. executing/queued etc), run

select * from information_schema.processlist;

The STATE column will specify the state of the queries.

E.g.

memsql> select id, user, command, state, info from information_schema.processlist;
+-----+-------------+---------+-----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| id  | user        | command | state     | info                                                                      |
+-----+-------------+---------+-----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 134 | root        | Query   | queued    | select "This query gets queued", sleep(1000000)                           |
| 110 | root        | Query   | executing | select "This query runs", sleep(1000000)                                  |
|  23 | root        | Query   | executing | select id, user, command, state, info from information_schema.processlist |
|  21 | distributed | Sleep   |           | NULL                                                                      |

To understand which query is causing other queries to get queued, can you send the output of following queries (when your system is in a state where queries are queued):
SHOW WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT STATUS;
select pc.plan_id, pc.optimizer_notes, pl.info from information_schema.plancache as pc join information_schema.processlist as pl on pl.plan_id = pc.plan_id;

Are you using resource pools? (I am assuming you are not).