Memsqlctl command not found

Hi,

I have installed memsql without sudo access following the below link, however I am not able to find the memsqlctl library, do I need to install any other package to get this.

Hi @prathyusha559

if I remember correctly specifying the data-directory as part of the node creation did not work for me.
I had to set/change the data-directory in the MemSQL config post installation (and move the content of default data-directory to new data-directory) and re-start

Regards
Madhu

OK, thank you . Actually, I did ran memsql-deploy install --file-path <package> with the package and it did the work. I will give a try with setting the memsqlconfig.

Hi @madhusudhana_podila,

I tried the other way but did not work, not sure if I have done the whole thing wrong. I have created folder called database/memsql where I have my nodes.hcl and memsqlctl.hcl files and the installation path directing to same folder.

version = 1
user = “xxxx”
defaultInstallDir = “/database/memsql”
nodeMetadataFile = “/database/memsql/nodes.hcl”

Downloaded by tarball to another folder /software/memsql-server-6.7.18 and followed the other steps. After creating the nodes copied all the files from the /software/memsql-server-6.7.18 to database/memsql.

you can see my report over here with and without running memsql-deploy install Memsql deploy list versions - Off-Topic - SingleStore Forums

Please advice if something I need to change here.