We are happy to announce the availability of MemSQL 7.0 Release Candidate – you can download it here.
- Much improved performance of synchronous replication and durability. Our synchronous replication now has only a minor performance penalty compared to our already fast asynchronous replication – giving you better data consistency guarantees without incurring large performance penalties. You can read more about our improved synchronous replication here.
- Selective queries on columnstore tables now run faster, via sub-segment access.
- Hash indexes on columnstore tables are now supported.
ALTER TABLEnow support adding and dropping hash indexes on columnstore tables.
- By default,
DELETEqueries now lock columnstore tables at the row level, allowing improved concurrency. Previously, these queries locked columnstore tables on the segment level.
- Sparse rowstore compression is now supported.
- Queries on columnstore tables can now reorder filters to decrease execution time. Reordering occurs automatically and allows filters that are more selective to be evaluated first.
The full release notes are here: https://docs.memsql.com/v6.8/release-notes/memsql/70-rc-release-notes/
Please give these a try and let us know what you think.