Memsql 6.7.5 RLS not working with more than 3 roles

Dear community,

I hope I’m articulating myself properly since we’re new to memsql as a product.
We’ve identified the following behaviour and I’m not sure how to label it nor how to tackle it:

We’ve implemented rls and created 5 new roles, it seem only the first 3 roles we apply stick while the 4th, 5th, and assuming anything after that doesn’t return any results.
So if I have the roles A, B, C, D and E - which ever 3 I choose to apply first will return results, if I apply a 4th role no results what so ever gets returned.

Use cases:

Role A -> I get a table back
Role BC -> I get a table back
Role EAD -> I get a table back

If I introduce more than 3 roles, ANY 3 roles, I don’t get anything back.

Any advice here would be most helpful.

Regards,
Naim

Can you share the queries (role and table definitions etc) used in your example where you saw no results being returned?

Hi,

After further investigation we found that the problem is related to the CURRENT_SECURITY_ROLES().
When you execute select CURRENT_SECURITY_ROLES() you get a list of all the roles of the current user which is 95 characters length.
When we are using it inside a query for filtering rows using RLS, the returned value of this function is trimmed down to 64 characters:

SELECT `sec`.`ACCESS_ROLES` AS `ACCESS_ROLES` ,roles.current_roles, SECURITY_LISTS_INTERSECT( roles.current_roles,`sec`.`ACCESS_ROLES`)
FROM (`cv_r_all_parents` as `parents`  
	JOIN `cv_r_security_base` as `sec`  
	ON ((`sec`.`cv_id` = `parents`.`parent_id`) AND (`sec`.`hierarchy` = `parents`.`hierarchy`)))
join  (select CURRENT_SECURITY_ROLES() as current_roles) roles on 1 = 1
limit 5;

Thanks,

We’ve replied on your support ticket and are looking into it.