INFORMATION_SCHEMA.REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS empty

Hi,

I am completely new to MemSQL and have set up a local Docker installation. The setup went smooth and I was able to connect to the database.

I have started browsing the INFORMATION_SCHEMA views and have noticed that the REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS view always appears to be empty, even though I have created tables with foreign key constraints. Is this information available elsewhere?

Similarly for stored procedures the ROUTINES view is also always empty. There I can at least use the SHOW FUNCTIONS and SHOW FUNCTION commands to get some information, but the ROUTINES view would certainly be much better.

MemSQL doesn’t support foreign keys yet. In order to ease in porting applications from MySQL to MemSQL we accept the syntax of some MySQL features and generate a warning (see Unsupported MySQL Features · SingleStore Documentation).

Newer versions of 6.7 should distinguish between functions and procedures in SHOW commands.

Also, the ROUTINES and PARAMETERS information schema tables will be implemented in our 7.0 release.

Thanks for the replies. I had missed that MemSQL doesn’t support referential integrity constraints. Since I had received some errors related to such constraints in my DDL, I assumed it was supported already.