How to specify installation directory for “memsql-deploy cluster-in-a-box”?

For the 6.7 release, I tried to install on a single host by using “memsql-deploy cluster-in-a-box” command. But I did not find how to specify the installation directory and data directory. In previous releases, it was possible to specify those path as command line parameters when running install.sh.

Any idea?

Unfortunately, at this time Cluster in a box installations do not support custom installation directories. But good news! Reproducing cluster-in-a-box using direct commands is trivial:

memsql-toolbox-config --yes register-host --localhost --host 127.0.0.1
memsql-deploy install --yes
sudo mkdir /test
sudo chown memsql:memsql /test
memsql-admin --yes create-node --host 127.0.0.1 --password testing --base-install-dir /test/master
NODE_ID=$(memsql-admin list-nodes -q)
memsql-admin --yes bootstrap-aggregator --memsql-id ${NODE_ID} --license ****************************
memsql-admin --yes create-node --host 127.0.0.1 --password testing --port 3307 --base-install-dir /test/leaf
NODE_ID=$(memsql-admin list-nodes -q --role unknown)
memsql-admin --yes add-leaf --memsql-id ${NODE_ID} --password testing

After running these commands you will have a cluster-in-a-box equivalent install with a master and a leaf installed into /test/{master,leaf}. Plus you will have the advantage of modifying these nodes even further since you are using the raw create-node commands.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will follow your instructions and give it a try

1 Like