How to get internal exception error message in storedproc

Hi,

I’m getting some exceptions while processing data in my stored procedure. I would like to log exact error/exception message thrown by memsql when exception occurs.

I tried using EXCEPTION_MESSAGE() but of no use, looks like it only captures user defined exception error messages not internal exceptions.

Thanks,
Santosh

I think that’s a bug. I’ll bring this up with the team and see if we can get it fixed.

It would also be good to be able to get the output of SHOW ERRORS in a stored procedure, say by showing the same information in a management view. I’ll make a note of that for future planning.

Thank you hanson for taking this up.

Hi Hanson,

Is this bug got fix? I’m trying to using Exception_Message() but still receive NULL values while printing Internal exception. If it got fix then please let me know ‘5.5.58 MemSQL source distribution’ had it or not.

Thanks
Arun

This is fixed in 7.0.1 – the current refresh of 7.0 beta 1. It is not fixed in 6.8.

Also, you should run select @@memsql_version to find your version. That version you are showing looks like a mock version for MySQL compatibility, which you get with select @@version.

Meanwhile, this sort of approach may offer a workaround:

DELIMITER //
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE exceptionMsgRepro() AS
DECLARE i INT;
BEGIN

BEGIN
      CALL attempt();

EXCEPTION
   WHEN OTHERS THEN
      declare
         tmp text = exception_message();
      begin