ERROR 2398 UNKNOWN_ERR_CODE on truncate table

on memsql 7.0 in our cluster-in-a-box setup, when I try to run a

TRUNCATE TABLE errored_table

I get the following error:

ERROR 2398 UNKNOWN_ERR_CODE: Leaf Error (127.0.0.1:3307): Failed to ALTER table errored_table: The previous ALTER on the table failed and has not been cleaned up by the background merger. Please run "OPTIMIZE TABLE [table_name] FIX_ALTER" and try again.

Running OPTIMIZE TABLE errored_table doesn’t do anything, and running it with the FIX_ALTER fails with the following error:

ERROR 1064 ER_PARSE_ERROR: Leaf Error (127.0.0.1:3307): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OPTIMIZE TABLE database_1.errored_table FIX_ALTER' at line 1

How can this be fixed?

1 Like

I have experienced the same :frowning: Any idea?

Same here, any idea?

We have updated the memsql-ciab container to 7.0.15, and the issue is still the same.
It seems it is stuck in building indexes as the SHOW COLUMNAR MERGE STATUS FOR table command shows it:

There is not any progress or process running in the processlist which would indicate that anything is happening.

1 Like

This sounds like what is described in this support bulletin: Alters of secondary indexes on columnstore tables impacting MemSQL 7.0 versions up to and including 7.0.14 - Support Bulletins - SingleStore Forums

The only fix is to upgrade to 7.0.15 and then drop the table or database (after copying the data to another table).