ERROR 2315 (HY000) at line 5: Functions and procedures can not have more than 100 arguments

Hi All, I m creating a stored procedure in memSQL and this procedure contains more than 100 arguments so while compiling i got a error
ERROR 2315 (HY000) at line 5: Functions and procedures can not have more than 100 arguments

help me out

This argument limit was recently raised from 100 to 256 in 6.7.16:

Unfortunately it cannot be raised beyond that.

Can you describe your use case more? There are some possible workarounds, such as passing a single argument that works as a list.

I know we can use collections such as list but the problem here is this particular function / stored proc. is being called from various places in our application and i do not want to change application code for that (huge task to change from 200 places in code) … so what’s the solution to this problem.

also we are using version 6.7.6 and no of arguments are between 125 - 150 then why are we facing such issue.

The change to the maximum number of parameters was in 6.7.16, not 6.7.6. If you only need <256 arguments, then upgrade to 6.7.16.

If you need >256, unfortunately there is no easy workaround, it will require some changes to the application code. The limit is similar to limits in other databases such as postgres.

Thanks jack, really thankful for your kind support :smile: