Constant Instability: SQL ping failed: Error: Handshake inactivity timeout

Hi, I’ve just recently installed my MemSQL Cluster (running 1 MA & 2 leaves on one VM). I had just started to implement the database into the current workflow, where the data is duplicated to both MemSQL and my old database for migration. However, from the moment I started sending SQL queries to the MemSQL database, it started falling over and crashing multiple times a minute. Restarting, turning off, following troubleshooting guides and stopping the script did nothing. It appears as though the server is entirely broken and before re-installing I wanted to ask if anyone knew what the issue might be.

The only logs I have are from Studio: Pastebin Link. As you can see, its just the same thing over and over again, while MemSQL is literally sitting there doing nothing at all and the only queries it runs are its own internal ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am still new to this and am not sure where to go from here.

Hi Laurance

You can try running your cluster through our checker which looks for miss configurations or other potential issues:

If that doesn’t turn up anything take a cluster-report and send it to bug-report@memsql.com and we can check on whats going on:

-Adam

Hi, what is the solution for this error. I use cluster in box and get constantly this error after computer restart.