Can the previous releases, for example, MemSQL 6.5 be downloaded and installed?

Version 6.7 made significant changes, comparing with previous 6.5 version. Can the 6.5 release still be downloaded and installed?

Hi Edward,

If you have an Enterprise license to use MemSQL, you can download and install 6.5. In this case, I can open a ticket with our Support team so they can send you the installation files.

I you are using the free-tier of MemSQL, it’s only available with version 6.7.

Scott

Edward, which changes are you specifically concerned about with 6.7?

Carl,

Many new features were introduced in 6.7 release, i.e. toolbox, studio, license model, etc. I have been test-drive MemSQL for some time in a single-host environment, and become familiar with the installation process, i.e. “install.sh”, and memsql-ops. But now they are gone.

I believe those new features are improvement. But a little bit hard for someone testing MemSQL on a single-host environment.

Thank you,

Edward

Thanks for the feedback Edward. Lets see how you find the process documented in How to specify installation directory for “memsql-deploy cluster-in-a-box”? - Off-Topic - SingleStore Forums and see if that helps resolve some of the friction. We will be addressing this friction reasonably soon so I expect that any workarounds you put in place now (like a “cluster-in-a-box” script using the flow I documented in the other post) won’t be there in the long term.

In addition, if you have the ability to use docker containers in your workflow, we have an optimized cluster in a box docker image that is very easy to use. Check it out here:
https://hub.docker.com/r/memsql/cluster-in-a-box

Hi @carl I have read in the docs that MemSQL Ops is a legacy tool, and to use the newer tools. Is there a newer GUI tool that provides easy monitoring of query performance / memory usage / leaf usage / table sizes etc? I’m not too bothered, I suppose Helios is the future, I’m just wondering about observability / alarms and notification to e.g. slack / integration with 3rd party tools like sentry/datadog etc.

I’ve launched the latest docker container, and the Ops tool is still there. The examples on docker hub involve exposing point 9000 for MemSQL Ops ( and 3306 of course) so I guess there are no other web services? Is it possible to run the MemSQL Studio from the docker and access it from my host’s browser?

Oh I realise I have run the deprecated quickstart container when I should have used container-in-a-box so that answers most of my question.